Hello and Happy Holidays
We are thrilled to be working with Tree Myriah to bring a boozy holiday guest blog to your cozy home this winter season. Adorn yourself with some of Tree’s beautiful pieces (her ‘Strawberry Nimah Necklace’ is one of my personal favorites), kick back with your bubble, and shake up an artisan craft cocktail. We are Mendocino Outland Bartending are we are known for bringing focal point bars and bevs to weddings and corporate events up and down Coastal Northern California. Like so many, we were got rocked by this year, but we will share some of what we have learned to give you covid-conscious cocktail & gifting ideas, curated in an intentional and thoughtful way.
Instead of writing out a life story that you have to scroll through to get to the good stuff, I will jump right to what we are good at- and hopefully what you are here for- COCKTAILS.
We are not here to bring you one of those pumpkin spice-eggnog-cinnamon creamy sugar bomb type drinks that are so prevalent on Pinterest this time of year. No, part of what we do in our work is find drinks that guests can enjoy throughout a full day (or long dinner party) of fun. The holidays bring so many rich and delicious appetizers, entrées, and desserts, which we want to let shine. So instead, we urge you to try light, crisp, refreshing bevs’ this season. Think seasonal fresh squeezed grapefruit, pomegranate, lemon, lime bubbly water....
Another embodiment of our holiday and general cocktail slinging ethos is that we are always here to make sure everyone is included and having a great time. People who don’t drink alcohol (adults and kids alike), as well as the 2020 addition of those who can’t be physically with us, should know they are thought of…Enter our beautiful and low touch bottled cocktail presentation.
We are here to bring you a refreshing drink idea that can be tailored to you and made ahead of time for less stress and more fun.
Garden Hibiscus Adult’s Lemonade
Healthy 2 person serving size, size up as desired for a large batch
- 2 cups water- boiling
- 1.5 cups of raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon of dried hibiscus leaves (local health food store will carry)
- 1.75 cups fresh squeezed lemon (yes, fresh squeezed, about 3 lemons, do it!)
- Green colored herb for garnish
- Vodka and/or Gin (we prefer Gin)
- Optional: Jars with lids + paper gift bag
- Bring 2 cups of water, sugar, hibiscus to a boil. Let simmer for about 3 minutes. Turn off and let cool. While the syrup is cooling, squeeze the lemons. Once the syrup is cool, strain, combine with the lemon juice, 1 herb sprig and a 2/3 cup of cool water- Shake or stir vigorously. This is your hibiscus herb lemonade base! From here, add ice and taste test.. add vodka/gin and/or bubbly water to taste. 2 oz of liquor is a standard drink serving. Garnish with ice, a sprig of fresh green herb and a lemon round for holiday flare.
Bonus: Be sure to remember those who are quarantining. We want to make sure to think of everyone in a way that everyone feels comfortable, safe and included! Pick up some jars with lids from your local hardware or grocery store (please, please stay off amazon and support local). Use your batched recipe and pour into the jars. Add an herb for garnish right into the bottle and close. Wipe the entire jar with warm bleach water and place in a paper bag. Deliver to friends with an instructional note “please keep cool, shake, add ice, and enjoy”. These are not shelf stable, and need to stay in the fridge.
We hope that this blog allows you to see what style we can bring to your next event, as well as a delicious and do-able way to enjoy these holidays with everyone you love. You can see more of our work at @mendocino.outland.bartending, www.mendocinooutland.com, or email us directly at email@example.com