Cranberries look like Christmas to me! They're such a pretty vibrant fruit! I make this recipe after Thanksgiving and until I stop seeing fresh cranberries in the stores. Seasonal baking is my favorite!
This festive cranberry orange loaf will please everyone! It is so delicious and it's gluten and dairy free!
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend or all purpose
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 zest of one orange
- ½ cup dairy free buttermilk homemade or regular
- ½ cup avocado oil or vegetable oil
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups roughly chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼-¾ cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a loaf pan.
- First start by sifting your flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the sugar and zest of an orange. Mix well and set aside.
- Next mix together buttermilk, eggs, oil, orange juice, vanilla extract, and avocado oil. Add flour mixture and sugar mixture being careful not to over mix! Fold in cranberries. Pour into laof pan and bake until lightly golden on top. About 60-75 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes or so. Mix powdered sugar and orange juice to make frosting. I prefer it to be very thick for this recipe. Make it thinner if you like!
- Once the loaf is removed from pan, let cool completley before frosting. For sugared cranberries roll frozen cranberries in sugar. After frosting loaf, top with additional orange zest and sugared cranberries! Slice and serve!